Friday, July 18, 2008

Brisbane Trip

Yes.. I made it for my Brisbane trip and even though I was still busy settling SSA's matter over that side. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, the company and the food.. :) "Macha green tea Tau Huay" Yum.. Yum... Hahahaha.. *Insider joke

I reached Brisbane on the 20th of June, 11+ pm... June, Lydia and Yew Lim were there to pick me up from the airport.. (So nice of them). It's such a nice feeling... Kristy was with me and she wanted a ride to the city. Even though the guys offered her their house to stay for the next couple of days, she insisted on staying in the backpacker.. *Strong character..

So we reached their house and got myself settled down. I must say that their house has a pretty interesting layout. I shan't share much about their house hold matters, just in case I get myself into trouble. Hehehee..

My 1st official day at Brisbane was accompanied by Lydia. We wanted to go for the "New Farm" weekend market. However, we were disappointed when we reached there. Apparently, the market is only open on alternate weeks.. Sigh... Nevertheless, we took the city cat down to West end market instead. As usual, I was on my eating spree; tried many as many types of food as I can. I believe I spent approximately $30 in less than 1 hour just on food itself, and I am not referring to expensive food. After the market, Lydia brought me to fortitude valley (china town) and I had a stylish hair cut for just $9. It was stylish because I was the one that told the hair stylists how to cut it.. Hahaha.. Its hard to describe how it looks like, but I likely to do that again end of the year. I had my first egg tart for so long.. Yum... And did I mentioned that I bought a bag of spinach for only $5 from west end market and cook sambal spinach when I reach home.. Yummy.. It went well with the thai style fish sauce chicken.




(Steph.. Pls show dad and mum these pictures of chinatown in Brisbane)








The next couple of days were all food adventures.. Apart from ice cream, one of my other favourite food would be Tau Huay. Seriously, I wouldn't mind eating Tau huay everyday if I can, especially cold silky Tau Huay.. Yum Yum Yum.. (Triple Yum). I had macha tau huay (green tea).. It was fantabulous.. So yummy.. Opps.. Did I repeat myself again.. ?? !!


June, Lydia, Yew Lim and Shun Wei.. (ok.. Let's just call them the Durham's).. Well.. The Durhams brought me to eat Vietnamese Pho Noodle and crispy chicken which was so yummy.. Best of all.. No MSG effect after that.. So I was very happy.. I was surprised how "asian" the suburb looked...




I attended their church on Sunday morning and was surprised at how charismatic their church is.... There are tons of Asians, (Singaporeans and Malaysians in particular). It isn't hard to make friends over there. I guess I already knew alot of them from Lydia's facebook. To name a few, Ben (the jazz crooner), Jade, Wally, Clarence, Estee, Pauline and etc..

Clarence and Estee were very nice to bring me fishing.. Infact, we went fishing 2 times.. I was very fortunate to see how Clarence do net casting... Although it wasn't a very bountiful harvet, we caught some fish and a prawn, which served as baits in our 2nd fishing trip. Clarence mentioned that you can actually catch alot of prawns in Brisbane river during the right season.... The image that came to my mind immediately was prawn dumplings. Time for Yum Cha!!!!




Sarah, Sherry and Er Li arrived the next day and we went for Yum Cha at China town. I ate egg tarts again.. So yummy.. So I ate 2 egg tarts this time round. Seriously, I can't remember the chronological sequence of what food I ate first or second. So I shan't bother to write them chronologically. Basically, I ate Gelato ice cream by gelatissimo and Krispy Kreme Donuts..(Finally....I get to taste the world reknown donut)







(sorry.. no picture of egg tarts.. they went into my mouth before I could take a picture)

The next day, we went to Eumundi market, which is one of the nicest market I ever been before.. I am so glad I made the trip... The banana smoothie tasting cup was so tasty that June and I went back for a 2nd cup. Succumbing to the temptation, we each bought our own proper cup of smooth creamy, icy banana smoothie.. Hahaaha... In addition, I had a Greek tasting plate and also calamari... .. Yum Yum...




After Eumundi market, we made our way to Mountville, which is pretty much like Tassie, except that is more commercialized. June and I shared a blueberry, while Sherry and Sarah had a cake.













The Durham's decided to make it a family outing to Gold coast, with Lydia, Yew Lim, June, Sarah, Sherry, Er Li and myself to Dream world. I wasn't in good form that day and could not try as many rides as I wanted to, nevertheless, it was an enjoyable day. We ended the day by going to "Cha-Cha" for dinner. Much to our disappointment, Cha-cha (Japanese restaurant) was fully booked that day, leaving us with no choice but to pack our dinner. It was interesting, as we had to have our dinner in the shopping mall. There were many passer-bys with strange stares, looking at pathetic asians having their meals at the bench of a shopping mall. We couldn't be bothered much, since majority of us were savouring away.















Well.... I guess this is the most condensed form of my Brisbane adventure.. Overall, I really enjoyed Brisbane and credits definitely goes to the Durham's. Thanks for accomodating me and for making my trip such an enjoyable one. As a good report, special thanks goes to June for being such a great host, bringing us around and making all those sacrifices. I hope you enjoyed the company of my friend's as much as I do.. :)

And yes.. thanks for bringing me to buy my tau huay the second time. LOL!

No comments: