Saturday, December 20, 2008

Graduated with Grace

Time flies, situation changes, as fast as the eye blink, the fragile life passes.

Months of planning were cut to a compacted 3 days.


It took me an intriguing 3 hours drive to reach Hobart. Not long after our cark was parked, we received news of my grandma's death. All the excitement died, effort were made to comfort my mum and aunt and to arrange for an earlier flight. Though time was short, we managed to visit Salamanca market, Island Market, Zoodoo safari park, Cherry and Berries farm, fishing and had stingray, smoked trout and abalone for dinner. It was comforting to see my mum stop crying after the 2nd day, as she looks like she is enjoying her surroundings. My aunt gave a comment that if she were given a choice to migrate to either UK or Tassie; she would choose Tassie. She added that even though it was only a short 3 days, she enjoyed herself very much. My dad was the most hilarious; he commented that he wanted to sell his house in Singapore and move to Tassie. So Much of a dream for everyone !!!!




Though I was pretty disappointed that my parents wouldn't be able to attend my graduation, I was glad that my sister was still with me.


We had our first dry-run the night before the graduation. You know you have the gown, the top hat and the sash. Well.... beneath that is your normal attire and you will need to match that to whatever u wear. It was like a graduation fashion walk way; hearing comments from a panel of friends.

(Steph and myself)

(Foe Hae, Sarah and myself)
(Sarah, Bernice and myself)


(Sherry, Sarah and myself)


(Sarah and myself)




A sponge-bob square pants bag from Karen! COOL! Thanks!!



(Steph and I at Albert Hall)


(Eric, Catherine, Sarah, myself and Serena)


(Dr John Purser.. My favourite lecturer)



(Myself, Sarah, Dr Chris Burke, Dr John Purser, Assoc. prof Natalie, Kwan)



Graduation day didn't go as smoothly as I would like it to be. It was raining cats and dogs on that morning. To make matters worst, I was almost late for my graduation. Rushing into the hall partially drenched, I was ushered to my seat immediately.
After the entire ceremony was over, I was hoping to take photographs with Eric and Serena whom were representing my parents. To my disappointment, Eric had to picked up another student that was not even having her graduation ceremony in the next 2 hours.
That was not all, my car's head lights were not turned off and the car battery was dead. I had to rush to return the gown in order to avoid the fine and then rush back to get RACT to restart the car battery. I waited for almost 1 hour before my car's battery was fixed.
I was hungry and cold, so was Steph and she began to throw tantrum.
If I were to continue typing all that had happened that day, my graduation day would have sounded really pessismistic. Nevertheless, I believe God is preparing me for more to come.











































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on graduating!


michelle,
Graduation Stoles