Sunday, October 15, 2006

Unequally Yoke

I was talking to one of the female church elder that day. I posed her the question on whether her husband has received Christ or not? She looked at me and then gave me a "depressed" NO!

Female elder: Well........ You know that famous phrase on being unequally yoke??? Its very true you know!

Me: Really?? !!

Female elder: Yes!! You know when you first fall in love.. You keep telling yourself that you will win the soul for the Lord! But after getting married .. ... its' very hard you know?

Me: Hmmm.. ya

Female elder: You will face alot of problem regarding family issues.. You and your spouse might have very different opinions towards life. Example..Pre-marital Sex issues.. My husband has a very egoistic character and has his own views on worldly issues.. This is very hard on our children.

Me: Yah.. !! I agree with you.


Well.. Lesson learnt.. I thank God for bringing classic examples into my life to learn about biblical values. I thank God for warning us before hand so that we will not need to go through all the troubling issues of being unequally yoke with your spouse. I believe I can spend more effective time on other issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post thanks