Friday, February 29, 2008

Embyronic staging

Some photos of the experiment I did when I was back home in Singapore. Credits go to my "Da Gu" for lending me her microscope. Haha..
I didn't really have much time to take photo at every hour, cause the stupid fish decided to mate when I was about to leave the house for Karen Koh's birthday. Sigh. Nevertheless, I will try it again next time.

"T" stands for the number of hour(s)

At T0, the small little bubble at the side of the egg looks like "polar body extrusion". However, upon on a second look, I felt that it might just be a bubble. Hahaha.. Not sure la.. I am not a embyronic expert.. yet.. LOL!

At T1, nothing much had changed.

A T6, you will be able to notice a few small oil globules around the blastomere. This provides the egg with the required buoyancy to stay upright.


Photobucket

At T12, eye spot development took place.

At T22, pigmentation of the eye and spinal cord development was observed.
Photobucket

Tata

No comments: