Monday, May 12, 2008

A mouse A mouse

A mouse, a mouse... I saw a mouse in my house... Eeekks... It was running around the rubbish area. The next moment, it was hiding behind the kitchen cabinets. All my housemates were out and I had the liberty to scream and jump for all I care. I tried shaking all the cabinets and making as much noise as I can do scare the mouse out of its hiding place. As result, the little rascal went behind the stove instead, leaving me no choice but to shake the stove. This time round, no amount of shaking seem to budge the animal anymore.
After breaking the news to my housemates, all of us started searching frantically as though a "mouse-hunting" squad was mobilised. We even contemplate on the thoughts of bringing in our neighbour's cat.. Mew!! Anyway, after a futile search, we went back to our rooms. It was not long after Bernice started screaming again. This time round, the mouse was trying to squeeze itself under the recliner chair. The creature looks half-dead for what reason I am not sure. Sherry picked up the mouse with a magazine, place the rodent under the tree and piled layers of leaves on top of it. Hopefully, it will rest in peace.

No comments: