Thursday, April 22, 2010

Byblis liniflora

I have been trying to grow Byblis for the past few years but wasn't able to achieve any results.
It was either that the seeds were bad or that there weren't any available.
I chance upon this website that shared about different germinating methods for Byblis.
One of them was to burn hay on top of the seeds, which was supposed to trigger them to germinate. The other was to grow them in live sphagnum moss. Apparently, the live sphagnum moss produces some organic compounds that triggers it's germination.
And since I have some live sphagnum moss growing on a glass tray
(I was hoping to create a sphagnum carpet), I decided to sow some seeds on it
Much to my surprise, the seeds germinated.
I was so excited and pleased to be able to glance at these cute little creations of God once again.
Only 2 germinated and grown so far...
I am abit apprehensive for them as winter draws near.



Teach them(us) how to grow O Lord....
that they(we) will be strong in their(our) shallow pot;
where their(our) roots are too weak to hold....


Be their(our) strength and firm support.


Teach them(us) how to endure O Lord...


to weather the chill and the things they(we) love not;


that they(we) will blossom when spring comes


and reap the reward of their(our) loving God.

No comments: