Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trios

Coincidental or what?! I planted a couple of Okra (Lady's finger) seeds and out of the lot, only 3 survived into adulthood.
I love the shape of the okra leaves.... . Its amazing isn't it!!
It somehow reminds me of a grape vine..
Okra are heat-loving plants and requires warm temperature to grow.
Sadly, the weather is turning cold and they don't seem really happy about it. They have sending out flower buds (an indicator to set seeds for the next season); which I have to trim away in order to preserve their energy. Its not point allowing them to bear fruit when they are only so small. At the same time, their leaves seems to turn yellow and age away every time a 4th leaf is sent out.




In order to provide them with as much heat as possible. I am growing them indoors, beside the window sill to maximize light intake.
Presenting to you "Do Re Me".



I hope they will last through winter so that I can get some okra to eat.. :p