Friday, March 14, 2008

SSA welcome BBQ

The Singapore Students Association had their first event of the year last Sat. A welcome BBQ was held at the Cataract Gorge for all international students. The event was a success with approximately 60 people turning up. It was also the first event that I am running as a president.

Photobucket

I was pretty nervous while addressing the horde of students. As usual, I still face the struggle of public speaking. Inspite of the well-prepared speech, there were stammers and fillers, interjections and "What have June"... LOL....
Nevertheless, many gave their compliments on the speech.. Yeah..


And to think that that's all... After the event had ended, I realized that I left SSA journal book in the park upon reaching home. I immediately drove back to the park and for this I must really thank God for it.
Dashing towards the BBQ area, I saw an old lady walking towards me with the book saying "Is this yours?" (that was like 30 minutes later after I left the park). I immediately thank her and walked off thankfully for it..
My next hurder was to get out of the Cataract area. Because all the roads were windy and branched, I was afraid of going the wrong directions. How bless I am ... I can never thank God enough.. He sent a tourist bus infront of me, knowing that the bus will be heading towards the city. Yipeee... Without a second thought, I followed ths bus out.

Next thing to be thank ful to God for.. ....I recieved a call from the scholarship office today, saying that Tassal (salmon farm) would be offering a scholarship award to me. I am also offered a fully-paid work experience opportunity and of course, work opportunities after my graduation. Sounds good isn't it? Apparently, it has the highest bursary in terms of value.. Hehehe.. Actually, I can't really say that it is alot as compared to my school fees. Maybe close to half of my school fees? haha...But what matters most.. is that I can call myself a scholar now.. Wahaha.. Sound funny but true! I always wanted to do well for my studies, especially coming from a normal academic background. God had brought me a long way.. ..really long and really to be thankful for. Without Him, I would have given up long ago... Not to forget my aunt.. Hehee.. Actually hor.. I got 2 scholarship, one of them is the "Dr Poh" scholarship award, just like what Ernie said.. LOL!


Well.... still to be thank ful for... I am invited for a dinner at Hobart next Wed.. I will be meeting the manager of the company that day. Pls pray that I will know what to say..

Next event.. SSA will be holding a trip to Strahan, West coast next friday. Kindly keep us in prayer.. This will be the first time that a trip is ever held so far by any international society. Infact, there are only two committee members organizing the trip.. (Usually, we have 4). Pls pray for wisdom.. :)


Taaa.

No comments: