Monday, July 27, 2009

Peas and beans

Growing your own vegetables seriously cultivates one's patience.


It took me 4 months (March-July) to be able to see the fruit of my labour
and as a matter of fact, they aren't ready to eat yet.


These snow peas were sowed in March in my little green house.


During winter (June), I transferred them to my big green house.
During that time, there was already one pea. YES... One pea growing.


I was hoping to give the snow pea plant some luxurious living condition,
however, it didn't turn out the well I would like it to.




The big green house was blown down by the strong storm that strike Hobart a few weeks ago. The pea plant was left strandling on the ground, looking injured and pathetic when I came back from class. There was nothing much I could do, but to put the poor plant back into the fixed-up green house and said a prayer for it


(Hahaha.. Yeah. I know it sounds funny to some of you, but there's the most I can do).







This was the first pea that sprouted. Can you see the battle scar? LOL..






I didn't grow this plant. According to my sister's classmate, this is Holland bean. Can you tell the difference between which is which if I have not mentioned it to you?









No comments: