Sunday, May 27, 2007

Church

I almost couldn't make it to church today. Somehow I was late for 5 minutes and Brent assumed that I decided to sleep in today. I reached the pick-up point at around 9.48 and waited for a while. I thought it is normal for Brent to be late, cause he is usually 10-20 minutes late. I waited for a around 15 minutes and decided to give him a call, but to no avail. I waited for another 5 minutes and gave him a another call. I was about to gave up calling and thought I should just walk back to my hostel. Its amazing how much I saw during the wait. I saw Andy Heah (a Singaporean that had migrated to Tassie) at Jun Ming's house. He shouted out my name and we exchanged some greetings. He said that he is moving to Hobart for good. This is so sad. I just got to know him and he is already leaving. Across the road from where I was waiting, there is this old granny waiting in excitement for somebody. She was swinging her bag to and fro as she waited patiently. She was too far away for me to strike a conversation with her. We just kept looking at each other as we waited for people to pick us up. This time round, I decided that I should give a Greg a call. I asked Greg whether it will be alright for him to give me a ride to church and explained that I couldn't get Brent on the line. As I waited for Greg to arrive, a white saloon car came and out came a gentleman from the driver's seat. He greeted the elderly lady "Nan" I supposed the old lady must be either his mum or granny. He cleared the backseat as the granny made her way into the car. There was another little girl in the backseat and I heard "Oh my precious darling" The granny looks happy as the car drove off. I waited for another 5 more minutes and was happy to see Greg. After the church, I was told by Thilmi that she wouldn't be able to give me a ride back today. I looked around and found Angelia. Her car is packed with people but she was kind enough to call someone to pick up her daughters up so that she could give me a ride home. I waited as she made banana ice cream out of frozen bananas. (Tempted to get that machine) James from Malaysia ( a doctor, GP) offered to give me a ride home. I told Angelia about it and she was rather happy about it too. By the way, Angelia and Greg are couples and both of them stay in Ravenswood (where the church is) This means that they will be making rounds to and fro if they would have to send me home. On the way back home on James's car, I was fascinated with the development of Anna Grace. (James and Wendy's daughter) Anna Grace is barely 2 years of age and she could reason and logic with her parents. She understands words and could repeat what her parents say. I told Wendy that it must be genetical. (Both James and Wendy are doctors) It was fun saying how Anna Grace kicked her mother front seat when she realized that her mum was talking about her. Hahaa.. Interesting..! I love kids. I miss Elizabeth at home. (The little girl that my mum babysit) Taa

No comments: