Sunday, June 03, 2007

The lady

Thank God for Brent and Thilmi that picked me up and send me back home respectively! Church service was good today. We celebrated Alfie's 60th birthday!! There were plenty of food to eat and made my day by saving me time from preparing lunch. Hahaa.
I got to know the truth behind one of the church member's face. Georgi is one of the church board member and it simply amazes me on what she ever look so gloom. Well.. I understand that different people have different face shape, looks and etc. and God makes people differently. But I am pretty sure that one can make an effort to smile or even twitch an eyebrow to look happier or even different. But Georgi is different! She always hold such a gloomy face and I can't fathom the fact of her being the board member of the church. I must admit that I seldom talk to her and don't get to see her facial expression unless she is on the platform. But nevertheless, I believe that the platform should at least make her conscious of the fact that people are looking at her.
Well.. she shared a testimony today about how she never fail to bring her mother out for mother's day celebration every year. However, she noticed that her mum looks slightly different this year. After the dinner, her mum told her that she will be willing to take her of her grandchildren occasionally. Georgi began to whelmed up in tears as she shared on how her mum used to tell her that she is not sure why she ever gave birth to her (Georgi). These words were sown into her heart ever since childhood. As Georgi grew up and got married, her mother told her that she will never ever take care of her grandchildren and finds it silly for her friends to be taking care of their grandchildren. Georgi continued to pray for her mother despite the fact of being mistreated since young and was glad on how God have changed her mother over the years. Well.. I am glad to understand this lady better today.. :)

No comments: