Sunday, July 29, 2007

Car Mechanic

Got quite a bad shock when I was told that I will need to pay $490 for my car repair. The guy initially promised $320 MAX and did not even call me when the price turn out to be so high. I spoke to a few of my friends for advice and different people gave different opinions about it. I came out with the one that I felt the most reasonable and went ahead with it. I told the guy that I wouldn't be able to pay him that amount and since I did initially told him that my budget was $400.. I can only pay him that. Honestly, he is a nice elderly man and did not change his attitude after I told him that. He accepted the sum and told me that he wouldn't be making any money out of it. I felt bad but that's what I can offer. He shared about his life experiences with me on how he went to the states and started racing. He won quite a few cups and continued travelling to Canada and Europe. Just before I was about to leave, he showed me the pups of his beautiful Cockel Spaniel.. Pedigree.. I am so in love with it.. So beautiful..! So adorable.. Must be the weather. They look so "Nua" in Singapore.. sigh!

No comments: