Tuesday, March 13, 2007

8 Hours Day

Monday was a holiday, whereby Tasmania commemorate "Eight Hours day". Since there were no lessons. I brought Sarah and Er Li to the city for a walk. They have never been to the city and wanted to take a look at it. Quite a number of shops were closed on that day and we were left with Myer mall and a few other boutiques. It was refreshing to see a young lad busking under the shelther of the mall. He was playing the guitar and singing "To the ends of the earth" in an unplugged style. Our next destination was to the Chinese Grocery store down Tamar Rd. Sarah and Er Li got some stuff that they wanted but were lazy to carry them since we are visiting a few other places. Our next destination was to seaport where the famous fish and chips were. (Yes! I went there again. Simply couldn't resist) We had battered cod with fries and I had Tasmanian Ice Cream. Mmmmmmmm.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I was thinking Launceston wouldn't be complete without the Cataract Gorge so I brought the both of them there. This time round, there were different activities going on. (Remember the pictures of students doing river-kayaking previously)Well... This time we have people doing rock-climbing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Not sure whether you are able to see them on these pictures)
There was also another group of high school boys doing cliff-diving. I'm serious. I thought this was only possible in movies. Haha.. I didn't take their pictures cause it was illegal to dive and they might think I'm trying to take the photos as evidence. It was really dangerous and the rocks were really slippery. I start to understand why this "Ang Moh" kids are so fit and strong while our Singaporean kids are so chubby and cute. Haha...
It took us quite a while to get over to the pool side. All of us were tired and reluctant to walk back. Thank God for our fellow Leprena mates! Maddy and her group of Leprena mates were there and were about to go home. I started asking them for directions and they offered to send us back. They even waited for us at the Chinese Grocery store while Sarah and Er Li collected their stuff before making our way to Andy's Gelato (It was not my fault, they wanted to go and I thought since they are driving, they make the choice) Of course, I could resist the ice cream but I didn't. So the three of us shared 3 different flavours. I chose Strawberry sorbet, Sarah chose Peppermint and Er Li chose Fruit Forest Yoghurt. The verdict was strawberry is the best! Hahaa.I have better taste and foresight la. It was a wonderful experience. Tata..!
Till then.

No comments: