Thursday, March 08, 2007

Monday

Sarah and I went to K-Mart yesterday afternoon to get "Gum boots" for our course field trip. We were briefed about collecting samples from the Tamar river and will need to go as a class excursion on one of the saturdays. We couldn't resist to get more vegetables when we pass by"Young's Veggie shed" I was tempted to get the potatoes which were going for $6.95 per 20kg. This is by far the cheapest I've ever came across. Imagine all the shepherd pies I can make if that is happening in Singapore. Muahaha! Well.. I didn't get them in the end. I got myself some bananas, blue berries, tau gay (yes!!!) and garlics. The garlics.. I can't stop grumbling about the garlics. They cost me $5 for 2 large cloves. (though they were like the Goliath's, compared to the David's I get in Woolsworth) We also pop by "Animal Tucker Box" to take a look at the fishes and birds. Animal Tucker Box is this huge warehouse that devotes to animals and stuff.
After all our shopping, we had to walk back to the city area to catch the bus. It was quite a distance and the weight of the wares didn't help much either. Sarah reminded me that I really need to get a car soon. I was feeling exhausted from all the carrying and "had to" stop by Andy's Gelato" to get some ice cream. We were enjoying ourselves so much that we forgotten about the last bus. We rushed down to the side road to discover that it was the wrong one. We rush up to the one and saw the bus leaving right infront of our eyes. Arghhhh.... There were no more bus and I told Sarah that we had to walk back. She nearly fainted! I called Jun Ming and hinted to him that we need to get a car and that we are trapped. Thank God for Jun Ming and his sensitivity. He came right down to picked both of us up. And that's for the day.. I shan't write further, cause I realized that my digital camera has problem reading the memory card. Oh.. no.. Please pray.. Till then..

No comments: